How to apply Database changes without starting a new adventure?

TheFe91

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everybody,
I've been long time away from RMMV and some thing have changed since last time.
While I continue not to understand why the "simulate battle" won't work since in 1.6.2 (but if someone has a solution is welcome), my question for today is this:
Is there a way to apply the database changes also in previously started campaigns? For example I updated a defence value from 15 to 50 and I wanted to try it. So I loaded a game but nothing seemed changed. Then I started a new game, with a script I teleported myself where there is the enemy and this time it worked! So I think that DB changes work only on "new adventures"...
Is there a way to apply tyhe changes immediately also in already started adventures?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've always had defense values update right away for me. The only things that do not update right away are actor stats as those are set when you initialize the actor only. So if you are trying to change actor or class stats, you have to reinitialize the actor (via a checkbox in the add actor command), though this will reset the actor to the starting level and equipment too.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I continue not to understand why the "simulate battle" won't work since in 1.6.2 (but if someone has a solution is welcome),
that usually indicates that the core of the project is pre-1.6.x
One of the changes in the 1.6.x series is that the editor needs the same version for the project core to call the correct functions in battletest and playtest.
So if your project is not updates and still has an 1.5.x core, then you should downgrade your editor to 1.5.2 as well.
(some projects need to stay at 1.5.2 for compatibility with older plugins that have not been updated to 1.6., and for those reasons projects are never automatically updated, you'll always have to update them manually after making a backup in case one of your plugins can't function with the 1.6 core)

Other than that, databases should update automatically, but there are some plugins that prevent such updates. For example if you have one of the plugins that enables instanced items, then item changes in the database will only apply to new items and not those alreay in party possession.

TheFe91

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
projects are never automatically updated, you'll always have to update them manually after making a backup
OK, this is nice. Is there any guide on how can I update my project? Thank you :rhappy:

TheFe91

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, this is nice. Is there any guide on how can I update my project? Thank you :rhappy:
Never mind, I found it myself and now it works! Excellent! 1 out of 2 are solved!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and the other problem is most likely caused by your plugins as I said, so you'll have to post screenshots of your plugin manager to get any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti