How to apply state to party members *and* enemies.

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've given one of my actors a time-stop skill that adds a state to enemies so they can't act for 3 turns.
Thing is, I need the state to also apply to the rest of the battlers. Since I can only make the target "All Enemies" or "All Allies" it's given me some trouble. I'd appreciate any advice you have.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now the easy, but slightly messy version would be to make a common event which applies the debuff on all actors or enemies. Basically you make the skill target all enemies and it also calls the common event which applies it to the actors.

Another thing you could use is VE_FollowUpSkills and basically make 2 separate skills.
One of them is the actual skill you use and the other is a "dummy" skill which gets cast after the first one
is cast.

There are probably more elegant ways but these are the two methods that come to mind for me.
Someone else can probably provide a better solution but until then, here you go.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's action sequence packs are perfect for this kind of thing, as they give you full control over targeting that can even override the selection process. For example, this (basic action sequence) would do what I assume you're trying to do: (all enemies + all actors except caster)

Code:
<Whole Action>
perform action
action animation: all not user
wait for animation
action effect: all not user
death break
perform finish
</Whole Action>
The "all not user" parts tell the engine to play the animation, followed by the effects on all living battlers (on both sides) except the caster.

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll try that, thank you very much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare