how to "build" binary files with cordova?

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested a simple game deployment (game scratch with anything) after setting cordova base install on Ubuntu

-> Cordova installed with npm
-> Android Studio installed in HOME (sdk installed by Studio in $HOME/Android/Sdk)
-> gradle downloaded from gradle site

what I "discovered" (not a surprise for the experts here) is that the packaged apk contains all the "www" assets exported by RpgMaker mv is left untouched (so open, unprotected).

I read in a post here (can't find it now) that you could use nw.js to "build" javascript files into .bin files and deploy .bin files instead of .js, but the nw.js is system-dependant.

But, as far as I understand, nw.js does not have a counterpart in Android so, if I understand correctly, you can't use nw.js to create bins that are correctly read in Android app. right?

Is there any way to make a minimal layer of protection? Or is it possible to find a solution, for example, embedding in a fake-c++ source in order to embed code in a binary form?

Are there any other system that allows you to have a minimal layer of protection of your deployed app and its contents?

I know that no system is 100% secure, and I am mostly an opensource fan myself. But however I am searching a way to think about how to avoid possible steal by any malicious user.

Thank.

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping my question (1)

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, Unqou,

I know that no system is 100% secure, and I am mostly an opensource fan myself. But however I am searching a way to think about how to avoid possible steal by any malicious user.
  1. For multimedia assets (img, audio) you can use built in RPG Maker MV encryption
  2. For javascript, please try my bat script (download). Just extract the archive into your project folder which contain Game.rpgproject, and double click [Compile].bat . A folder compiledjs will be created. You can copy and paste the result into js/plugin folder.
  3. Test your project to find any error after encryption

Disclaimer:
- This solution is not 100% secure.
- Always backup your project before doing any encryption

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah... the idea is to have a project directory separated from the deploying of the project itself. I can't use your batch file (I am under linux) but I think I am understanding how it works. And I think your batch contains a tiny error: the mode is not "SIMPLE_OPTIMIZIATIONS" but "SIMPLE" (checked on the jar with --help). However thank you very much because you give me what I need (the jar file itself I didn't have). I will test it and see if works as expected. Very thank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjing_gila