Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys :*

@Shaz recently suggested I make a tutorial for how to debug your mv games in realtime when they are running on android, so I decided to record a video on the subject..

This tutorial details how to create a new app using android studio, how to add any html project to the app (mv game used as an example), how to change some of the basic options (fullscreen, app colors, etc), how to use android device features such as vibrate and pop toast, and most importantly, how to build your game/app directly to your android device and begin debugging it within 1 minute!!

To follow along with this tutorial you will need:
A HTML File (MV game index.html - for example)
Android Studio (for building app)
Android Device (for testing app)
Google Chrome (for debugging)

An example project (using a basic html app, not an mv game) is available from the videos description (your game can easily be dropped in place of the current html - make sure to watch the video in full to find out how).

If you like this guide, please leave a comment with your feedback, and like/share where applicable! If you are sharing this tutorial, please share the main video as that has all links and information included - rather than sharing just the example project) <3

Lastly, if you have any similar tutorials you would like to see, please do let me know!! :)

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woohoo!!!! Awesome tutorial - I'm sure it'll help many people.

Thank you for making it :)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No worries. Hopefully it does help at least a few folks out :)

I'll be keeping my eyes out for other 'niche' issues that people might frequently have. I was thinking a nice addition may be: how to incorporate common android features in a game (mv made pokemon go or google login anyone? :p)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be interesting. I was wondering why you added the vibrate feature, and how you would activate that from within a game.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Activating from in game - thats easy..
upload_2019-5-19_3-22-24.png

Personally, I think the vibrate feature could be used a number of different ways. Its an excellent small detail to show that something has been touched. a command press for example.. Boss uses a special attack and phone shakes.. earthquake in game.. Lots of potential use cases :D

But yea, the idea was more to show that its fairly easy to interface with the real android environment and use features that might not be considered 'the norm' for rpg maker made games. Naturally, all of android can be utilized. Location data, sensors, contact list...

I'm now actually thinking - I could just write a plugin that uses a few helpful android features. Like, adding vibrate when a user clicks a command etc. That sounds like it could be super helpful depending on what features I add :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GanMvV