How to cause damage only through items (no attacks or magic)?

zetanorbs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi to everyone,
I need to make an enemy immune to every kind of attack so that it can only be damaged using items.
Any suggestions on how to do it?

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could boost the enemies magic evasion & evasion stats to the point that it evades all attacks, & then make the item in question a certain hit.

Or you could make it immune to all basic elements, save for the elemental damage type that the item inflicts.

Or you could assign a common event to the item to diminish the enemy's HP, & then elevate the enemies physical & magical resistance to the maximum.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default healing items in the database use the "restore health" option to, well, restore health. You can actually specify negative values with that, which deal fixed / percentage damage via "healing," which doesn't count as an element, ignores Guard protection, and is to my knowledge only affected by the PHA special stat. Whether you want all of those other effects or not, it would definitely bypass normal and magical attack resistances.

zetanorbs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q your suggestion works good, thanks, but I still don't know how to set the physical and magical attack near to zero ("0" too is an option).

@XIIIthHarbinger your first suggestion is what I was searching for. If only I could avoid the "missing" system, it would be better. I would like the actors to perform a very low attack instead of miss the target.

I've tried to make a monster immune to all basic elements, but when the actor performs a normal phYsical attack the monster takes damage.

The problem with the common event is that I don't know how to associate in a conditional branch the HP reduction with the use of an item during the battle. I don't know how to set, for example, the "if player use one of the green items" condition.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you set Physical damage rate = 0%, Magical damage rate = 0%, they won't take damage from physical or magical skills.

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@XIIIthHarbinger your first suggestion is what I was searching for. If only I could avoid the "missing" system, it would be better. I would like the actors to perform a very low attack instead of miss the target.

I've tried to make a monster immune to all basic elements, but when the actor performs a normal phYsical attack the monster takes damage.

The problem with the common event is that I don't know how to associate in a conditional branch the HP reduction with the use of an item during the battle. I don't know how to set, for example, the "if player use one of the green items" condition.
Simple, create elements for physical damage, & then apply the desired resistances.

For example in my own project I use Crushing (Maces & Warhammers), Slashing (Short Swords, Long Swords, War Axes, & Battle Axes), & Piercing (Daggers, Spears, Bows, & Crossbows) for different physical damage types. & then adjust damage resistances to those "elements" in the enemies tabs, based on their respective natures, just as I would with more common "elements.

zetanorbs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@XIIIthHarbinger it will help me in the further game. Thank you both, you saved me a lot of time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone
Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave