How to change certain tiles without changing tilesets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowfireOmega

Finally found out how to change this!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to have a variety of buildings added to a town map after the players complete the  prerequisites to building them, but I cannot figure out how to do this. An idea I had was to use events to switch between a blank image and the different parts of the building (wall, roof, etc) but tileset A is not in the selections for event images due to its special nature.

The second idea I had was to make a tileset where certain tiles were switched around, such as switching the 'dirt' texture with a wall texture, so the plot of dirt would turn into a building, but I would have to either allow all buildings to be built at once or create a myriad of tilesets to allow the buildings to be built one at a time.

The last idea was to make a lot of maps with each building built in various combinations, but again, that would be a lot of maps, and if I ever needed to change something on one, I would need to change it on a good number of them as well.  

Is there a way to take a pre-made object from one map and copy it to another map in-game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only default way is to use events for this - if needed you have to make your own tilesheets for the tiles that are not on the B-E sheets as events can't use autotiles.

You might look for a plugin that offers tile-based changes, such scripts did exist for Ace but I don't know if they have been recreated on MV yet. It is not possible to do without plugin as the maps are stored statically and not intended to be changed in that way by default.

ShadowfireOmega

Finally found out how to change this!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you, I will look into this!

Edit: I found this, and I think it will work!

Last edited by a moderator:

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What was your solution please?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@dwiseman57 Please do not post in help topics that are over (about) a month old. This topic is over four years old!! It tends to confuse people because it bumps the topic to the top of the board and people see the original post (and often miss the date) thinking it needs help.

If that Tile Changer that Shaz posted works for you, great! If not, you can go ahead and create a new thread directly asking the question that you need answered (if you need to link to this topic in your own thread, you can). That's the best way to do it in the future - create a new help thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTaco