How to change enemy sprites and battleback on skill use?

DerivativeD

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm extremely new to RPG Maker so I'm a little bit lost with this one.

Basically, I want to implement a skill you can use in battle that will switch the enemy sprite and battleback between two states. So if you use the skill while State 1 is active, it will change to State 2, and visa versa. Here's a visual example:

So State 1 is active, and this flower is the enemy:

Then I use the skill, and the enemy and battleback changes to State 2:

Then I could use the skill again and have it change back to State 1.

I've tried a few different things with little to no success, so I was wondering what would be the best way to achieve this?

I really appreciate the help! And Happy New Years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard