How to change events after they've been executed?

beebTime

beemb
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm very new to RPG Maker MV, and I was wondering if there was a way I could execute a command and have it change? Basically, there's an event where it gives you a sword but I don't want the player to just infinitely get swords so I was wondering if there was a way I could lock it so it's only once? Thanks!

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use a self switch in the event. At the end of the event, set self switch A to on. Then make another page in the same event AFTER the first page with the condition Self Switch A = ON that does something else (or nothing, if you prefer). The new page will take over in the event.

Stuff like this is very important to learn, so I would recommend looking at some of the tutorials in the forum for guidance.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1600570028333.png

It's called a branch.
In this case it's checking if self switch A is ON.
By default all switch / self switch are OFF.
The first time it triggered will branch you to the "else", thus turning ON self switch A.
The condition are then fulfilled that way.
The second time and further it triggered will branch you to the "condition".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexyahoo