KevinTheHunter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´m making a stealth game and I want the enemy to show a balloon icon, when the player is X steps close to the enemy, but also if the player is one step closer, then an animation would play and would put the player at the start of the level.
I tried EventChasePlayer plugin and a common event, but I can´t put the common event on a certain enemy/NPC. I´d have to make hundreds common events for every enemy on the map for it to work. And even then I´d need another common event for the transfer to the starting position, right?

Also, I´d like the enemies to have a flashlight and if the player approaches the light, the light would change color once(this would be at the same time, when the balloon icon appears) and once again if the player comes one step closer to the flashlight. The flashlight color should only change, when the player touches it.

There are a few questions in one. Anyone have any ideas?

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really a hundred common events just a looong parallel process that checks player X,Y vs event 1,2,3,4... X,Y and If the distance is X then apply the balloon/light changes you want.

KevinTheHunter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really a hundred common events just a looong parallel process that checks player X,Y vs event 1,2,3,4... X,Y and If the distance is X then apply the balloon/light changes you want.
Can you give an example how to do that? I tried, but I´m kinda stuck. I went to do a common event, then in control variables selected the player and position X. After that I don´t know what.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Id reccomend using a parallel process for the flashlight thing, and placing it on the map you need, you need player position x AND y saved as different variables, then event positions too as different variables and do a math of player x - event 1,2,3... x and player y - event 1,2,3... y if the result is 1 or whatever distance you want you apply the changes, for example if distance is 2 for flashlight you change the color.
I would make it so the chasing events are "player touch" type and transfer you to a given location, you can common event this if you want the flashlight thing is the only one that would need nested ifs on a parallel.

As a developer of a stealth game i reccomend you to never make maps too big and crowded, as the checks and pathfinding needed for stealth mechanics can bog things down, keep the maps medium sized and try to keep enemies on the 1-12 range.

KevinTheHunter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Id reccomend using a parallel process for the flashlight thing, and placing it on the map you need, you need player position x AND y saved as different variables, then event positions too as different variables and do a math of player x - event 1,2,3... x and player y - event 1,2,3... y if the result is 1 or whatever distance you want you apply the changes, for example if distance is 2 for flashlight you change the color.
I would make it so the chasing events are "player touch" type and transfer you to a given location, you can common event this if you want the flashlight thing is the only one that would need nested ifs on a parallel.

As a developer of a stealth game i reccomend you to never make maps too big and crowded, as the checks and pathfinding needed for stealth mechanics can bog things down, keep the maps medium sized and try to keep enemies on the 1-12 range.
Awesome. thanks.

KevinTheHunter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I made the parallel processes, but got stuck on "...then event positions too as different variables and do a math of player x - event 1,2,3... x and player y - event 1,2,3... y if the result is 1 or whatever distance you want you apply the changes, for example if distance is 2 for flashlight you change the color."
How do I compare these numbers?
Also could you check these photos below if i wrote it correctly?

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg
4.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(
pixel ejemplo2.png
My dad just retired from work... that's why I'm making these pixel art icons very cheap!
Perfect for your game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pige0n