How to change look of the start window

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
Im trying to make a game in RPG Maker MV but i have a problem.
I tried to find a way how to edit start window (so it would look different) but i couldnt.
Can u help me? Look at the image so you can exactly know what i mean.
Thanks for help.
upload_2019-12-5_15-32-24.png

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You see, that's not a image, it is a window element from the code, so you can't just change the looks of it. You need a plugin in order to do so. I'm not into windows scripting yet, and I don't know of any right now.
You can create a plugin request or a commission for this, or wait until they move the thread to plugin request and someone who knows a plugin that may help you.
Make sure to put a more detailed explanation about how you want it to look.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that window dont need a plugin unless you want to overhaul it.

If you just want the window different, its in your project folder -> system -> window.png
if you change that look it take effet in al windows ingame.

if you want a major overhaul with images, you can look into SRD_Title plugin + SRD_titlepicture something.
there is also a very good one made by UnproPro, but I cant link to it while Im not on my system atm.

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You see, that's not a image, it is a window element from the code, so you can't just change the looks of it. You need a plugin in order to do so. I'm not into windows scripting yet, and I don't know of any right now.
You can create a plugin request or a commission for this, or wait until they move the thread to plugin request and someone who knows a plugin that may help you.
Make sure to put a more detailed explanation about how you want it to look.
I want to change position of it (i would want to put all the clickable buttons: new game, continue, options next to each other not under them) and other aspects like: color, shape (from actual shape to square). Anyway thanks for explaining

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
our project folder -> system -> window.png
You skipped img in the route <project folder>/img/system/window.png
It does work, but... it affects all the windows in the game. Do you need all or one?
Also, you can't change the content or positions with this.
Oh you answered while I did.
So you want to make it horizontal.
That is indeed a plugin. I can make it since it's just changing places, but I'm certain it already exists. I'm also busy with another one, so please try the one ShadowDragon mentioned, and make a request otherwise.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can do it without a plugin as well,
you need yami skip title plugin and event the rest, you need to use script calls
to execute the command.

you need a map as title screen and use a autorun event.
than you can use 1 images with all 3 words on it and a variable to check the indexes.
this can be a very effective way if you know how to do it.

(you can check how I set up a image menu, which almost apply the same for the title screen,
just skip the common event part and some other plugin commands that are irrelevent)

in case you want to use images, I suggest to look into the srd plugins I suggest, but you might need to
use 3 of his to make his plugin work for the title screen (which I had but going to change it.)

However you achieve it is up to you. but the possibilities are endless on eventing if its not major.

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To expand upon the map as a start menu idea, you can create invisible events and use http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/ to setup images. Then you can make it extra snazzy. :LZSwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnamano