Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
There's like a million different RPG maker games that completely ignore traditional RPG mechanics, like levels. Is there a way in MV to keep that irrelevant info out of the pause menu? Or a plugin?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it usually requires a custom plugin.

any menu screen can be changed by programming the new screen, but only by programming and replacing the code with a plugin.
but you rarely find those plugins published because each is a custom work for that specific game, not a general use plugin.

you'll need to request or commission a plugin with the changes you want.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
it usually requires a custom plugin.

any menu screen can be changed by programming the new screen, but only by programming and replacing the code with a plugin.
but you rarely find those plugins published because each is a custom work for that specific game, not a general use plugin.

you'll need to request or commission a plugin with the changes you want.
Is there somewhere I can learn to make plugins? I could learn javascript, but I don't know how to make it into a plugin

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
learning javascript is almost the same as learning to make a plugin. Plugin files are nothing but javascript files with some added information, and you need to know what in the (javascript-based) engine of MV/MZ to change.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open up windows.js in your project files with notepad or a text editor. Word search for keywords like exp. With some trial and error editing you should be able to do what you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-G-Games