Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
There's like a million different RPG maker games that completely ignore traditional RPG mechanics, like levels. Is there a way in MV to keep that irrelevant info out of the pause menu? Or a plugin?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it usually requires a custom plugin.

any menu screen can be changed by programming the new screen, but only by programming and replacing the code with a plugin.
but you rarely find those plugins published because each is a custom work for that specific game, not a general use plugin.

you'll need to request or commission a plugin with the changes you want.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
it usually requires a custom plugin.

any menu screen can be changed by programming the new screen, but only by programming and replacing the code with a plugin.
but you rarely find those plugins published because each is a custom work for that specific game, not a general use plugin.

you'll need to request or commission a plugin with the changes you want.
Is there somewhere I can learn to make plugins? I could learn javascript, but I don't know how to make it into a plugin

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
learning javascript is almost the same as learning to make a plugin. Plugin files are nothing but javascript files with some added information, and you need to know what in the (javascript-based) engine of MV/MZ to change.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open up windows.js in your project files with notepad or a text editor. Word search for keywords like exp. With some trial and error editing you should be able to do what you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
printersoftware