Arkayde

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm new here and new to using RPG Maker. I'm currently working with RPG Maker VX Ace and I've run in to a major problem as far as progressing the storyline of my game.

I have a NPC who issues a quest. But after the quest is complete, I want him to appear elsewhere. I thought it would be as simple as turning on a switch but so far, no luck. 

Here is the starting position.

RPGMakerProblem1.JPG

And here is where I want him to appear at the end of the quest.

RPMakerProblem2.JPG

Any and all help is appreciated. And thank you in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it is as simple as using a switch - but a switch always consists of two parts, the control switch command and the condition switch check.

Please post screenshots of your event pages, then we can tell you what went wrong and how to make them correctly.

Arkayde

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, thanks for the reply!

This the event page to the end of the NPCs quest.

RPGMakerProblem3.JPG

And this is the event page for when I want the NPC to appear in a different location.

RPGMakerProblem4.JPG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show the first two pages of ev005 as well - because the reason the switch is never used is most probably that the player never triggers that invisible event - the commands should be on the page before the one you displayed.

Arkayde

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here are the first two pages of EV005.

RPGMakerProblem5.JPG

RPGMakerProblem6.JPG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the two commands on page three need to be moved to page two, above the control self-switch B command and below the flashscreen command - or you'll need a fourth page and set the third on autorun, switching to the empty page after that.

Additionally, you never checked var 10 if there are enough bones in inventory - the current version of the quest will be complete if they have even a single bone in inventory.

Arkayde

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for help! I think it might have worked - I think it did, but I'm not sure. Now for some reason the game... or I should say, the player, freezes after the lighting flash. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My guess: you changed the page to autorun, but didn't switch off the autorun. That is why I said you need a fourth page if you go that way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.
Hmm... Game has 91 views, 25 downloads, 5 reviews and netted me 7 additional followers. Meanwhile the image I posted just yesterday on Imgur to showcase it has 45,197 views. Interesting, I think I have a new advertising idea. Also Twitter? The post got 16 retweets, 20 likes, and 1,683 views.... And a whole 3 hits to my game, completely valueless. I am glad I did this game jam, this information is quite valuable.
We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLTY