How to change or represent the character just for a moment?

Edilsonsoares

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering if I can change the graph of the character for a while
for example
he does animation and then goes back to the normal graph

first he does frame 1, then 2 and finally 3 and then he goes back to the normal character

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
The answer depends on what you want to use the animation for. Is it for something like showing a character swinging a sword, in a cutscene? Or an NPC doing their normal movement, do the animation you want, then back to normal, then do the animation you want, and so on?

For the first one, I would edit a sprite sheet so that the frames you want are in a column, change the sprite sheet, then use the "turn" command (Down, left, right, down, in that order) in combination with the "wait" command in between turns (except for after the second down) to let each frame stay on the screen a little, like this:

GreenHair.png

Then change the graphic back to normal.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, need to know with more detail what you want to do.

Edilsonsoares

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
N/A
The answer depends on what you want to use the animation for. Is it for something like showing a character swinging a sword, in a cutscene? Or an NPC doing their normal movement, do the animation you want, then back to normal, then do the animation you want, and so on?

Then change the graphic back to normal.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, need to know with more detail what you want to do.
I'm finishing an ABS for events

and I would like to do an ability by event of the character jumping, and for these two I need to do an animation of jumping or swinging a sword. but if you do it with images the way you said, it would be a lot of images, one for each side of the character
:rsad:

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
In that case my solution won't work. I do it for cutscenes, which is not as intensive. Hope you can find a way to achieve what you want, though.

JayIsrael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you can do this - put your animation into your actor folder. Make an event, 3rd page of events, in the system settings menu choose "change actor image." Change your actor image to the animation you want.
Then create an event from page 2, to set movement route - choose movements that correspond with where the animation you want to cycle is on your sprite sheet. You should probably have "walking" turned off.

Last edited:

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try some Abs plugin
Chrono engine / Qabs /AlphaAbs
these are always add some animation control plugin
but... it will come with a huge setting to learn too...

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on what your end goal is. Technically, it is doable through events only, but if you are developing a complex system that will require changing the actor graphics very often, perhaps a plugin is better. So which one are you looking for? A way to do it with events? Or a plugin?

Edilsonsoares

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
N/A
It depends on what your end goal is. Technically, it is doable through events only, but if you are developing a complex system that will require changing the actor graphics very often, perhaps a plugin is better. So which one are you looking for? A way to do it with events? Or a plugin?
A plugin because I'm trying to make a weapon animation like when you press a button and it hits with the sword
wanted to control the animation frames

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno