How to Change Text Box To White

rizunx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I've been trying to mess with the window color settings the normal way in the system tab, but I can't seem to ever get it to go to white, just a gray color when I turn all the sliders up. On the other hand, there's no problem turning the window to black or any other color other than white. 

Here's an example of the gray window

And I was wondering if there was anyway to get it to white. I already tried messing with the custom window skin, but that doesn't seem to do anything (even the palette).  

Any help would be appreciated! 

(also, if I placed this in the wrong section I'm sorry!) 

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you want this for all message boxes, or only some?

rizunx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd really like it for all message boxes since the game I'm making is mostly white with a few light colors.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you made a white window skin, then all boxes would be white - but so would your menus.  Could you live with that?

rizunx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup that's the goal. Currently, this is the window skin I made and it's pretty simple so, I'm not sure what else I should try doing with it. 

Window Skin

I've tried making everything white and messing around with the colors at the bottom, but it still just gives that gray color.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you are not using any custom script which alters the window skin in any way, have your tried changing the translucence of the window skin itself?  As the window skin is not fully opaque, it could be allowing something from the background to show through, therefore you will never have a pure white.

The default script Window_Base sets the translucence.  You will find the value (160) at line #181.  Try changing that.

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
Heh heh heh, I've tried this before too.

You need an opaque message background.

Otherwise, you'll ALWAYS get that what-you-call 'gray' background (it's actually off-white).

Galv has this script for adding your own message backgrounds, you could use this and add the graphic yourself.

rizunx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I tried to changed the translucence of the base, but no matter what the value is, it doesn't change the opacity of the text box at all. But, opacity is most definitely the reason for the off white background. 

Edit: I've been doing some searching and a lot of questions with the opacity background are saying to find/add "self.opacity = 255" and I tried doing that too, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. 

Edit #2: I've found another script to change the opacity and it works. Thanks everyone! (I found the script here.) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
@rizunx You're quite welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon