How to change the default font in game

Breenogg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've searched for this using every combination of words I can think of. I'm afraid I'm either bad at searching, or there is no solution.

My game features two distinct UIs. One is futuristic and the other kind of old english. I want to have different fonts for each menu.

I know I can change the fonts in my text boxes, but I can't find anything that will allow me to alternate the game's default font through events or plug ins. Am I just out of luck?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way I do it is, find a free font I like on google fonts, download the font file then add it to the "font" file in the game project. Then add the name of your new font to the gamefont.css document in place of the default font. (you can do this in sublime, note++, visual studio code or another text editor. (you can get one free online if you don't already have one)
upload_2019-11-5_23-21-30.png
upload_2019-11-5_23-18-14.png
upload_2019-11-5_23-18-49.png
Hope this helps! :D

EDIT*** I just realized you want to do more than this... I need to go to bed, lol. I'm not sure how you would add different fonts to different sections, unless you used show pictures for your UI's.

Breenogg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you your reply. I thought about using show picture, but that would create a jarring disconnect between the menu options fonts and the fonts for things like items and skills that change dynamically.

I was hoping there was a script call that would direct the game to a different .css file for the default font like the window skin plugin that directs the engine to a different window.png

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's an interesting plugin idea.

Breenogg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's an interesting plugin idea.
I honestly can't believe there isn't one already lol. Unfortunately you could probably fill a quark with what I know about scripting...if it was a particularly small quark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sugukesu