JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone how's it going? I have a quick question. How does one change the default fault in MV? I already have another font style in a folder named "Fonts" but don't know how to go about changing it. Thank you :)

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can change the font by going into the 'fonts' folder of your project, and changing the value of the 'src' propert in the gamefont.css file. Make sure to include the font file (ttf extension) in the same folder!

If you mean dynamic font switching mid-game, you can't do that without a plugin, and no plugin for that exists yet!

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can change the font by going into the 'fonts' folder of your project, and changing the value of the 'src' propert in the gamefont.css file. Make sure to include the font file (ttf extension) in the same folder!

If you mean dynamic font switching mid-game, you can't do that without a plugin, and no plugin for that exists yet!
Thank you so much! It worked beautifully!

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There's a plugin that exists to change font midgame! It's Yanfly Message core
I have been able to change the font within the engine but it does not change the message box font. I am using Yanfly's Message Core and I have tried to change GameFont to the font I would like. It has no effect on the text. I have also seen the tutorial video and used the /fn<fontname> in the message box itself and still there is no effect on the text. Can you please help if you know further information?

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been able to change the font within the engine but it does not change the message box font. I am using Yanfly's Message Core and I have tried to change GameFont to the font I would like. It has no effect on the text. I have also seen the tutorial video and used the /fn<fontname> in the message box itself and still there is no effect on the text. Can you please help if you know further information?
Then that's a bug, and I would suggest reporting such to Yanfly.

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And it's not just TTF.  OTF (OpenType Font) is also supported which gives you better flexibility when it comes to finding fonts of all kinds.

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I copied my new font to the "Fonts" folder of my project and changed the name of the default font within the file to the name of the new font, but now I get an error saying that it cannot load the font.

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I copied my new font to the "Fonts" folder of my project and changed the name of the default font within the file to the name of the new font, but now I get an error saying that it cannot load the font.

You are editing a .css in Notepad, just a question, are you making sure to save it with a .css when done editing it.

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just checked and yes, I'm still saving it as a .css type.

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I checked the font on my game. While other fonts, such as Black Chantry and Zombie_Holocaust work, this particular font is not recognized. I get the same error as above. I would say that if other fonts are working it is not RMMV but the font. It could be the structure in which it was created, but it is not working in any case.

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for trying it out for me on your end. 
I'm a little saddened by this, but whatever, I'll hunt down a new one.

It just feels a tad odd because that was the exact same font I use for my game in RPG Maker VX Ace.

Anyway, thanks again :)

rathandal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am having the same issue.  Pending which one I make the default, it runs it automatically and quite well.  But \fn<fontname> doesn't do anything within the message box.  I can't alternate between the two fonts that I know both run just fine when they are the default.

...anyone figure this little bugger out yet?

Thanks!

semolous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to use the pix chicago font, but sadly that doesn't seem to work in mv. Oh well.

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
had the same problem with showing fonts on mobile, make sure you test it out....some of the fonts work on pc but not on mobile

Rob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know this is kind of a necropost (apologies!), but I stumbled across this thread and thought it might be worth pointing out that the font's properties display a capital N. Try changing the spelling in the CSS file to have a capital?

(So: "Nishiki-teki.tff" instead of "nishiki-teki.tff")

There's a similar issue with the audio files, where if OGG files have an extension of ".OGG" instead of ".ogg" they don't work, so I figure it's worth trying. Hope it solves this issue.

EDIT: It could also be that the dash character is messing things up. Maybe try removing it from the filename?

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
how to change the size?

GaoBlack

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In your RPG Maker MV project directory, open up a the font folder, and open up a file named gamefont.

It should say this: @font-face {
    font-family: GameFont;
    src: url("mplus-1m-regular.ttf");
}

RPG Maker MV can only recognize .ttf font files, so paste the name of the font into the script and save it. 

This should work as it worked for me.

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
After googling and looking at multiple threads on this issue, I am stoping here, I'm running into the loading screen error. I have swapped back to the default font with no luck. I have double checked my file extension and it checks out. I figured this thread was as good as the others to post in since other folks posted there issues here as well.

I created another project to try to recreate the issue to make sure I did not accidentally remove another file that the game was looking for. I added the font file to the fonts folder, edited the css page, and only got the loading screen in the brand new project. I am an OS X user for what it is worth. I have deduced that there really does not seem to be an overall solution for this issue.

In another thread one of the mods guessed that maybe some software was blocking the font since it's a css file, but switching back to the default font did not work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
    Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
    :rtear:
    I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
    Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
    Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
    <-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    James1998