How to change the player starting position in middle game in VX Ace?

Azem762

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Albanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, friends! So, apparently, I'm trying to make a game where the starting position of the player changes according to gameplay or ending! But how can I do that? Is there any script or event? Any answer is appreciated!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's better if you make a different approach

you don't change the starting position but set it to a transfer map that decides where to transfer the player to upon starting the game - you can also use that map for other setup as well.

then you need a script for consistent variables - variables that are safed and the same through all savegames. there were two or three such scripts available on the ace master script list years ago, the one from tsukihime should still be available.

then on the starting map you'll make an event to transfer the player based on the values stored in those variables

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like Andar said - just have the player start on a blank, black map (preferably with player transparency ON), then immediately use event commands in an Autorun event to transfer the player to the appropriate "starting" position based on the gameplay/ending and turn their transparency OFF. You're good to go!

Azem762

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Albanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the replies! Though, I have a script "Global Saves" but I'm not sure how to use it! I'll check it one more time!
Thanks!

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the replies! Though, I have a script "Global Saves" but I'm not sure how to use it! I'll check it one more time!
Thanks!
There are multiple super-global savedata scripts. Which do you use? Usually they're a simple affair of "put the numbers of your intended switches and variables into the correct fields" and that's it.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, if you won't use any, how do you intend to fulfill your idea of "achieving an ending alters the start of the game"? Unless you removed that idea, of course.

Azem762

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Albanian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahh...Well...I took the entire Idea down:rswt...Anyway thanks for the replies! Tho in the future I may use that script in my other games...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.
Why VX/VX Ace is a little Neglected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Versitax