How to change the speed of animations of a particular character?

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day!
How do I change the animation speed without affecting the walking speed? I found a great script to change the animation speed:
// Change Event Move Speed
// * eventId <number> - ID of the Map Event
// * moveSpeed <number> - Event Move Speed
$ gameMap.event (4) ._ moveSpeed = 3.9 //

But it also affects the speed of walking. Is there a script like this that would deal exclusively with sprite animation?
Does anyone have any ideas?

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "animation" ? You mean the "stepping" cycle? Anyway, set the stepping cycle to whatever you want, then if the event is gonna move, create a "Set movement route" command and "set speed" before any movement command, be sure to end your string of movements with a "set speed" to the original value.

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Triangle45
Could you attach an example? Whatever I do, changing the speed always affects the speed changes of the animation in the same proportion.
Speed value 4: Normal is fine for me. I need to somehow change the frame speed ..

Attachments

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid the movement speed is tied to the stepping speed. Maybe someone who uses scripts can help you. What I would do in your case is just change the speed constantly every time the event has to move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKPoliandro