Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

So I love RPG maker MV, but I find the vanilla text box empty and kinda boring. I want to change that, add paintings and make that each character have his own personalized text box. But I have no idea how to do it (I tried to change the text box file with gimp, but the result was a disaster) someone has some tips for me?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the simpliest way without scripting/plugins: You can draw different text boxes as a picture, then use "show picture" before every message (and delete picture at the end of it), then in show text box select background option to "transparent".

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are not opposed to use plugins Galv's Message Backgrounds would save you a lot of time. It basically does exactly was fizzly said, but without you setting every message window up individually.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to change the text box image, you just need to change the "window.png" image for some other image compatible with the engine specifications. No scripts needed for that. :wink:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flowermuncher77