How to change this specific icon?

Amdac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, I am having trouble changing this Attack Icon, when I change the Attack skills Icon, it does not change this icon. I spent a good two hours looking through my VisuMZ plugins for a solution but to no avail. Can any kind soul help me?

Thank you very much

1653508409695.png

Amdac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Holy heck I figured it out. Under Battle Core -> Actor Command Window -> Command List, I changed "Attack" to "skill: x" and replaced x with Attack. This pulled the attack skill and icon directly unto the menu and I got the icon I wanted :)

WOOT!

1653509036253.png1653509133962.png

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could just edit the image with all the icons saved on it. There's a really good program for that here.

I'm not totally sure on changing the icon being used, but I was thinking you could just stick the escape code in the "terms" tab of the database, like "\i[123]Attack"

...I see now that you found an answer that works for you already, but I thought this might be useful in the future, so just posting anyway :p

Edit: escape codes definitely don't work there (at least, not without a plugin); not sure why I was thinking they did.

Last edited:

Amdac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not totally sure on changing the icon being used, but I was thinking you could just stick the escape code in the "terms" tab of the database, like "\i[123]Attack"

Hey, thank you for the reply! I tried this with Escape in the picture below, I just used the shield icon to test, and it still leaves the old Escape icon up

And now that I think about it, I don't think I can use the same trick I used in my Attack solution for Escape... So that leaves me with new questions, how to change the Icon for Escape/Item.. haha

1653509984854.png

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can change the Escape icon in the Battle Core options. Go to Party Command Window -> Command Window -> Escape Icon. Put the ID of the icon that you want to use. An easy way to do that is to right click in the text box and select Insert Icon Index..., and then choose the icon you want.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.
I had an idea on how to get my encounters to leash after chasing the player for a little bit. After going down the Javascript rabbit hole, I realized I could do it in a regular movement route. Derp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rybaspi