How to change unarmed attack animation for only one character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've got a simple situation but I can't figure out how to do what I need to do.  The basic animation when you're unarmed is one that resembles a few punches.  And that's good for human characters.  But in my project you acquire a wolf party member, who doesn't use weapons at all.  So when he attacks, he...punches enemies?  <_>

I tried changing the normal attack skill animation to a slice, but then that overrides everyone elses attack animation no matter what weapon they're using.  Swapping animations for special skills is straghtforward, but I guess I'm kinda confused on how the game handles the "basic attack" animation.  How would I get the wolf to have a slicing motion, while keeping everyone else's regular weapon attack animation?

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Use this script here. It will replace the attack skill for whoever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That worked perfectly, thanks!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm the king of idiots. How did I miss that in the contract, I would never have signed it if I knew, now I can say goodbye to my pay which will have dire consequences for so many things :(.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
59412a