ImpossibleSnail

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been googling this for a while and it feels like none of the answers people suggest work...How do I totally clear out keyboard input? I'm not sure what to call this, but in game maker there's a function io_clear() that achieves this, does Ruby or RPG maker have the same thing?

For example, I have a minigame that says "press space to start, and when playing press space to quit" and when the player presses space to start, as soon as it starts the game is still registering the same "space" input and immediately quits the game. I've tried putting "wait" commands in but for some reason even that doesn't always work. Is there a simple function that just, forgets the players current button press until they release, and press again?

gimmer_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Input.clear() in a script processor should reset the Input library

Ignore me, I clicked on a latest threads thread and didn't know I moved to VX Ace's forum

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a simple function that just, forgets the players current button press until they release, and press again?
It's probably your input check that is wrong.
Input.press? will run constantly (afaik) just like Input.repeat?, but Input.trigger? will check once.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the tip above doesn't help, we need to see how you handle input to give you any further advice.

ImpossibleSnail

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think that did it actually! I had just been using the option off the menu that was press only. It seems to be working.

Just out of curiosity, in case its necessary for something else in the future, IS there an input clear in Ruby or RPG maker?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not that I know of. Input is determined by key presses. You hit a key and it acts. The key input is not saved as far as I know.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kostec