Luozcurator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seek help and guidance adding combined states to my game!
I wanted to do something different with my ailments system, a thing of those somes is the capability to combine ailments.

For example, you have the states Asleep (Can't act, takes extra damage but recovers HP) and Afraid (may act and loses MP every turn). The moment an actor or enemy has both they automatically turn into the state Nightmare (Can't act, takes extra damage, loses HP and MP every turn).

My problem is that I don't know jack about scripting and therefore don't know where to even begin.
I have most of Yanfly's battle plugins, so I should write the custom effects in the state's notes? Should it be something in the base troops? Is another way that my overreliance on plugins has blinded me from?

Anyway, any advice helps and is appreciated.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How many combinations will there be? Looks like it could be accomplished attaching a common event to the Skill that applies the state, then having the common event check for certain existing states on the skill's target.

Luozcurator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How many combinations will there be? Looks like it could be accomplished attaching a common event to the Skill that applies the state, then having the common event check for certain existing states on the skill's target.

I don't know the exact number. The idea is recent, but the total number would be like four.
Three (Nightmare, Freezeburn, Plague) of them made out of two base ailments and one (*Name pending*) made out of three.

Luozcurator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And what would the commands for that common event would be? I tried, but I don't know anything about scripting so I haven't been able to make it work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slydred