How to create a "jump" attack that fires off mid turn?

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am using yanflys plugin and tips and tricks to create jump attacks similar to the one in FF.

However this move seems to execute the attack before a turn start without considering the speed of the character and the skill. Is it possible to change how battlemanager.queueForceAction works?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't have the time right now to check all of the possible tags, but isn't there a tag that takes place on <Action Start> or similar? What I would probably do is to run a piece of code at that point that wiped out whatever command was actually input, and run the "Attack" part of the jump skill instead at that point. The Jump state that signifies the battler has jumped should not disable the actor, if you take that approach.

There might be cleaner ways to do it, since this route would allow the player to choose an action that ultimately wouldn't get used (jump's Attack would be used instead).

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump. Anyone has suggestions on a script call command that starts a turn before battlemanager.queueForceAction starts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dealdeg