J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I noticed there is a few games where I've seen people do a tutorial for players on how to use certain things in the main menu, like skills and so on. I'm kind of curious as to how that is done. Since I think my game will require one lol.
Can anyone elaborate as to how this is done. I'm super visual, so if its through eventing I may need to see how it was evented and how it looks like in the game.
Please and thank you

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is Luna Engine to great nice menu's, but you can also create an evented menu for each (but it require alot advance things)
you can take a peak on my evented menu (main menu) but thats teh base for the rest,

Luna Engine can get you all menu's done if you know the program,
esle you can create 1 or serveral plugin (each with its one) 1 for menu, 1 for equip, 1 for status, 1 for idk what else you need :)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow lol, it sounds a bit complicated, not sure if I'll be able to accomplish it. Guess all I can do is give it a go and see if I can figure it out.
Thank you

NoahB

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I did is I took screenshots of my menus and used Show Picture. It's really easy to do this, but the trade-off is that the tutorial won't actually take place in the menu.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I did is I took screenshots of my menus and used Show Picture. It's really easy to do this, but the trade-off is that the tutorial won't actually take place in the menu.
Oh I see. How can you do that? Is it possible to show me a small video on how to do it properly? Since I wouldn't be to sure how to do it for multiple pictures. Never used them in my game.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there was a tutorial for that and make the window transparant but the selection stays the same.

you can also make a menu using SRD_HUDMaker or 1 of yandfly menu, But I need to get teh name of it.
A game I currently bugtest is StoneWorks by veno, which use a nice inventory used by images.

it can give you some idea's as well, but eventing is also need to get it running :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Genwral Discussion is about broad themes which affect the making of games. "How do I...? (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes
Thanks, I still can't figure out where some post go. Sorry about that

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon
I see, but how will I be able to tell what is image and what is actually evented lol. I'm sure it probably blends in well enough so a player can't really differentiate. Though looking at the preview images I did like how the screen for things where made.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a demo to download, you can check, but I event my menu and equipment menu though so far
and inventory is still needed. but if you understand the event and how its runs, you will know =)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome. Thanks so much

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen