How to create a shop with variable prices

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can anyone help? I've been googling for hours and nothing I try seems to work... I want to be able to set the prices for items in a Shop Event, based on the value of a variable.
For example, the value of "Potion" is set elsewhere and stored in a variable. When the player goes to a shop, I want the sell price of "Potion" to equal the previously set variable. Any ideas?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your best bet may be to event your own shop for this. Yanfly's Common Event Menu/Window (?) could probably be utilized to good effect for something like this. I am not aware of any plug-in that does what you're looking for although I've never looked. I assume you have, though.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for your reply Frogboy :) Yes the problem I am finding is, with hundreds of items in the game, the event is MASSIVE and has so many branches etc...
I'll keep looking but if anyone else has any ideas that would be helpful. A short term fix would be if anyone knows how to "check number of item x in possession, where item x is an ID stored in a variable". That way at least I could use the "select item" command to make my own shop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianhendrawan