How to create a text box programmatically?

TheZealot

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to write a script that will create a text box and display some text every time a certain event is added, but after digging around the code I wasn't able to figure out how to go about doing that. I think it's from the Window_Message class, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get that to work. Can anyone help me out? I'm using Yanfly's Quest Journal plugin and am trying to show a message every time a quest is added, which as far as I can tell can only be done writing a script for it.

TheZealot

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it sorted. Turns out I was vastly overcomplicating it and it was as simple as $gameMessage.add("Text");

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray