Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What should I get to create Live2D Models?
You will need Live2D's Cubism Editor 2. There's a free version that you can download over here: http://www.live2d.com/en/download (scroll down a bit for old version)

While the PRO version is no longer available, the free version is powerful enough for you to create a model!

What if I want to use Cubism 3.0 instead?
You can definitely use Cubism 3.0. There are just some things you need to take into consideration:
  • The Parameter names should be the same as 2.1's Parameters.
  • You have to have the PRO version to export to legacy 2.1.
How to convert Cubism 3.0 Parameters to 2.1?
Just follow these images:

Where can I find tutorials?
Brian Tsui has created a LOT of video tutorials about Live2D: https://www.youtube.com/user/imst

How do I import my Model into Visual Novel Maker?
  1. After Rigging your model and creating the animations:
  2. Open Live2D Viewer. (http://sites.cybernoids.jp/cubism_e/tools/live2d-viewer)
  3. Drag the .moc file of the Live2D Model into it.
  4. Open the Expression folder in Windows Explorer and select only the .exp.json files and drag them all over to the viewer. That will create an expression folder there automatically.
  5. Drag the motions folder containing the .mtn folders over
  6. Drag pose.json and physics.json over
  7. Project > Write > Settings File
  8. Check Relative Path and Write Settings File and then save the stuff as ModelName.model.json (I do not recommend filenames such as Model1.1b or NameModel as it confuses VNMaker sometimes)
  9. Import it into VNMaker using the Resource Manager -> Live2D.
After getting the DLC, Just make a new project -> Template: Live2D -> And there would be a sample scene of Haru and Epsilon for learning purposes.

Adobe Air won't install!
For some reason, changing your system time to a later date (e.g. 2015) and reinstalling fixes this issue. Don't ask us why, we are just as confused as you are. Here's the thread showing all the details: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1636684

Happy Game Making!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great information. I am really interested in using this on my next project.

Glassescomic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello, you could do an updated tutorial on video or with images? I am trying to put my models of live2d in visual novel maker, but it is not working, I tried several different ways.

Lo0bo0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey hi, I was having problems installing the Live2d Viewer, but found a workaround easier than changing dates.

This is for Windows.
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

2. While holding the “Ctrl” key, select the Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe -> Right click on it -> Run as Administrator. Do not take your finger off the “ctrl” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.

This is for Mac

1. Go to /Applications/Utilities

2. While holding the “command” key, double click on the Adobe AIR Application Installer. Do not take your finger off the “command” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.

The Adobe AIR Application should be installed successfully.
Hope this helps!

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3

It looks like Cubism 2.0 is no longer on the list of earlier versions, the earliest version possible is 3.2.01_1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weaversenpai