How to delay casting until another member of the party's turn comes up?

bgrizzmayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm working out a dual tech system using Visustella's CTB.

Basically, Actor 1 chooses a skill that involves Actor 3. Rather than being able to immediately cast this skill, the skill is selected, and then automatically cast when Actor 3's turn comes up.

It's a risk reward system based on turn order.

I'm unsure how to make the action happen later specifically when a particular actor's turn comes up.

Any advice?

fishdogcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can try to use some form of variable that requires a lock to be acquired before the next actor's tirm come up. I am sure there is an event fired when there is a turn change, but cant remember

bgrizzmayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if this matters, but I may also try the STB. Admittedly I'm a relative JS novice, so getting my head around this logic and then will try to tackle the syntax.

1. When Actor 1 chooses a dual skill and then selects a target, i need to store that target data as a variable, and possibly trigger a switch?

2. After the skill is selected, Need to move actor 1 in the turn order behind Actor 3 (other actor involved). Not sure how to conditionally move an actor behind another actor in turn order. Not sure if this is possible.

3. WHEN Actor 3's turn comes up, need to auto trigger the skill based on the switch, along with implementing the target data variable.

4. need to 'spend' actor 1 & 3's turns thereafter.

Seems pretty complex. But let me know if I'm thinking of all the steps right.

fishdogcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You got the basic idea right.

What u need to find out is that in step2,
there should be a function somewhere that determines the actor coming in. In that function, it should be check weather the variable is set, and if it is set, auto activate the spell.

bgrizzmayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the biggest hurdle to me is placing the first acting party member behind a specific actor in the turn order when the skill is selected.

it seems hard to be that specific and would be easier to set the actor back a certain number of turns. VS checking where another party member is in the turn order and placing actor 1 behind actor 3. that’s what i need help figuring out.

is there a way to check what number in the turn order another actor is? and then place the actor back X number of turns based on that check.

or does the CTB work based on agility so i’d need to check agility of Actor 3, then set back actor 3’s turn order by changing their agility to < 1 of actor 1’s
You got the basic idea right.

What u need to find out is that in step2,
there should be a function somewhere that determines the actor coming in. In that function, it should be check weather the variable is set, and if it is set, auto activate the spell.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE