How to delete the level and class system from the game?

MawMaw-P

Weeb artist
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! This is one of the first threads I do at the forum, and I'm relatively new at RPGMMV, so excuse my noob-ish question.

I wanted to start a project on MV that did not involve the class system nor level, and I haven't found the way to do so.
When I try to delete classes (changing the maximum value to 0 at the database) and run the game, a bug appears.

I guess it is because it's impossible to know the way the actors are gonna level up if the classes and their respective parameter curves are missing.
However, there's no way to delete the leveling system by changing their values to 0 in the actors' tab at the database, so you're practically forced to use levels and classes in the game.

I wanted to make a game similar to Ib by Kouri (made in RPG Maker 2000). It doesn't use levels nor classes since it's supposed to be a more story-focused game.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to ignore the level system... I would really appreciate any sort of answers that could help me solve this problem. Ty!

Attachments

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One way to do this is to make it to where nothing gives EXP. You can also set the characters max level to 1. You can make a class and leave the class name blank.

In the system tab (iirc), you can checkbox out the option for the player to see status and equipment. That's the closest way to do it without using a plugin that hides it all for you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have weapons and armor, just make everybody the same class, and give that class access to everything. Make all the enemies give 0 EXP.

You will need a plugin to remove EXP, level and class from all the menus. If you are using any existing plugins for menus or battles, if they show EXP, level or class, you will need to state what they are and provide links, so the plugin to remove it all can cater for those as well.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a notepad put this code in

Window_Status.prototype.drawExpInfo = function(x, y) {

};

Window_Base.prototype.drawActorLevel = function(actor, x, y) {

};
Name the file something like No Levels.js (Make sure that js is at the end) and save it in the plugins folder that is in the js folder of your project. This will stop exp and levels from showing up in menus. For more customization, I suggest giving Yanfly's plugins a look over once you get use to the base system.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can "ignore" the Level and Class mechanics by simply giving each Actor their own Class, figuring out what stats you want the Actors to have, and make those the Level 1 stats for their respective class. Give each Class the ability to equip all weapons/armor, etc. Any skills you want your Actors to have, put them in the respective Class at Level 1. Then, make nothing give any EXP. Don't actually delete all the Classes.

This will allow your game to essentially ignore any mechanics that have to do with Levels or Classes. From there, the only thing you might want to do is remove mentions of them from in-game menus, which @Uzuki's little mini-plugin will let you do.

I think this thread is more appropriate in Plugin Requests (since it requires some code to accomplish) - so I'm moving it to Plugin Requests.

MawMaw-P

Weeb artist
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it! Thank you guys so much for your help :kaocry:
I ended up using Uzuki's plugins, but everyone gave me an insight on what to do ;v;
yay.png

I also took out the HP and MP gauges following Uzuki's logic. Super helpful!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi