Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have RPG Maker VX Ace

I'm trying to make a moment in the game where I create a ship taking off, then switch over to inside of the ship so I can make a cutscene. When the ship is still taking off, I transfer the player to another map, which is the ship. But then the ship appears again when I transfer maps. I kept looking for a command to use to delete the ship, but I couldn't find anything. How can I delete the vehicle when it goes on another map?

I tried deleting the event, using switches, I couldn't fix it myself. Please help.

1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use an event instead of the vehicle, so the player sprite doesn't actually change - gather followers, turn player transparency on, make the ship start to take off, then transfer the player to the new map and turn transparency back on again.

When you're ready to go back to the 'outside' view, if you want the player to actually control the ship, move the vehicle to the place where the event was and turn on a switch that makes the event invisible, transfer the player next to the ship and facing it, and use the get on/off vehicle command.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's also a Set Vehicle Location event command that I think has a permanent effect, so you could set it to another place in the world or even a map that the player will never ever see if you want to "delete" it.

This would be the easiest way to do it, but I've never used this command because I never use the game's default "vehicles" - instead, I always use solutions more like what Shaz recommended in order to give myself finer control over how things work.

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had to read it a couple times to understand, and it made sense. 

Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anitalains