Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have RPG Maker VX Ace

I'm trying to make a moment in the game where I create a ship taking off, then switch over to inside of the ship so I can make a cutscene. When the ship is still taking off, I transfer the player to another map, which is the ship. But then the ship appears again when I transfer maps. I kept looking for a command to use to delete the ship, but I couldn't find anything. How can I delete the vehicle when it goes on another map?

I tried deleting the event, using switches, I couldn't fix it myself. Please help.

1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use an event instead of the vehicle, so the player sprite doesn't actually change - gather followers, turn player transparency on, make the ship start to take off, then transfer the player to the new map and turn transparency back on again.

When you're ready to go back to the 'outside' view, if you want the player to actually control the ship, move the vehicle to the place where the event was and turn on a switch that makes the event invisible, transfer the player next to the ship and facing it, and use the get on/off vehicle command.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's also a Set Vehicle Location event command that I think has a permanent effect, so you could set it to another place in the world or even a map that the player will never ever see if you want to "delete" it.

This would be the easiest way to do it, but I've never used this command because I never use the game's default "vehicles" - instead, I always use solutions more like what Shaz recommended in order to give myself finer control over how things work.

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had to read it a couple times to understand, and it made sense. 

Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so freaking pissed right now i want to scream and rant and rave
It's a new month, and it's a new start! Let's go guys! There is one song I am listening today that is making me really happy and thinking that I can do anything... I don't know why but J-Pop have this kind of vibe and I love hahahaha
If you want something to bring you up here is a little tip!
Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HIDDENONE ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El_Palito45