How to determine which index is active on the title screen?

GibzFGC

20+ Year RPG Maker Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently creating an animated title screen plugin but I've ran into a bit of a snag. I can't seem to think of / find a way to check which index (or symbol) I'm currently active on.

I've been through the DOM and looked for any on-state changes but I haven't seen any thing that correlates to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GibzFGC

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so I've been poking around since Friday trying to do this and I've found a few places that seem to update the currently selected symbol in the rpg_windows.js file but can't seem to pull the currently highlighted.

Anyone managed this? I'm working on a script but this is slowing me down quite considerably at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Have you tried pulling the current selected index from:

Window_Selectable.prototype.index = function() {    return this._index;};?

GibzFGC

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much Altorn, why in the world didn't I realise that sooner!

Thanks a lot, you've just saved me from a major brain meltdown.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna
Just finished my first ever game - Aeon's Destiny! This was a lifelong dream and after hundreds of hours, I've made something I'm very proud of. Please check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113