How to determine which index is active on the title screen?

GibzFGC

20+ Year RPG Maker Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently creating an animated title screen plugin but I've ran into a bit of a snag. I can't seem to think of / find a way to check which index (or symbol) I'm currently active on.

I've been through the DOM and looked for any on-state changes but I haven't seen any thing that correlates to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GibzFGC

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so I've been poking around since Friday trying to do this and I've found a few places that seem to update the currently selected symbol in the rpg_windows.js file but can't seem to pull the currently highlighted.

Anyone managed this? I'm working on a script but this is slowing me down quite considerably at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Have you tried pulling the current selected index from:

Window_Selectable.prototype.index = function() {    return this._index;};?

GibzFGC

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much Altorn, why in the world didn't I realise that sooner!

Thanks a lot, you've just saved me from a major brain meltdown.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol
unknown.png

Finished coloring her and giving her different character portraits. Wanted to show a few of them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanisasr