How to Disable and Renable Dashing?

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I'm sure there is a way to disable dashing (holding shift) in the database, and renable it in an event, but I can't find it anywhere. You guys are geniuses, I'm sure you know how to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enable/disable dashing is an option of the map properties and not changable by default. It needs a script to change that option dynamically (I know a script for this already exists).

I've moved this thread to Ace Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I don't have the link to that script ready, please search for it on the master script list

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Allocate a switch to disable dashing (the example below will assume it's switch 5).

Go to Game_Player, and insert this before line 141:

Code:
return false if $game_switches[5]
so the whole method will look like this:

Code:
def dash?
  return false if @move_route_forcing
  return false if $game_map.disable_dash?
  return false if vehicle
  return false if $game_switches[5]
  return Input.press?(:A)
end
of course, replace 5 with whatever switch number you want to use (no leading zeros)

When the switch is off (which is the default when a new game is started), the player will be able to dash.  To disable dashing, turn the switch on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ-0zymandias

Absolute God of Hyperdeath
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pointing Out the Obvious.png

I do believe one can use a script call to control that in events. I am going to try to get this to work.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a property of $game_map's @map variable, which is not avialable for modification at runtime.  If you want to change the map property via a script call, you will need to change the script to make @map and @map.disable_dashing available for changing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolathon