How to disable 'L' and 'R' from switching characters in menus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I am using two actors in my game - one of which needs to have slightly less control within the menus.

Unfortunately, I can switch to him using the 'L' and 'R' inputs when I don't want him to have access to those particular menu pages.

Is there a way to remove this functionality from the games controls besides using the F1 menu to remap them?

I wouldn't want people playing the game to be able to remap them in as it would be game breaking. 

Thanks.

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've never tried to outright restrict access to a character via the menu.  I've always just sealed their equipment and allowed the player to examine to their hearts content without being able to alter anything.

What are you trying to achieve?  Do you want the access to be entirely restricted?  Or are you trying to protect items that the player shouldn't have?  A little more information is required.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have now found a new way of implementing what I wanted - I'd like to close this, sorry! (Thanks for the interest optimum45)

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad you resolved your issue.  Best of luck!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want to close this, please Report your opening post (the Report button is bottom left, next to the Multiquote button) and ask for it to be closed.  The mod for this forum might not see your post, but will see the Report.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want to close this, please Report your opening post (the Report button is bottom left, next to the Multiquote button) and ask for it to be closed.  The mod for this forum might not see your post, but will see the Report.
Thanks for that! I was wondering how to bring it to attention.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON