How to display dialogue one sentence per button input?

Fionn23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This might be a stupid question but I can't seem to find this searching on google. How can I clear the message shown in dialogue box then display another line of sentences on button press?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Textbox withg Text
Empty Textbox with Waitcommand 1 second and Autoclose Command
Textbox with next Sentence

seems to work fine on my end, let us know if this works for you or if you had something else in mind.
textboxgtkjlfier4154.png

Edit: Sorry i missread, if you want the Text to not automaticaly appear you need to delete the code in the empty textbox.

Fionn23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I
Textbox withg Text
Empty Textbox with Waitcommand 1 second and Autoclose Command
Textbox with next Sentence

seems to work fine on my end, let us know if this works for you or if you had something else in mind.
View attachment 214179

Edit: Sorry i missread, if you want the Text to not automaticaly appear you need to delete the code in the empty textbox.
It's working. I didn't realize it's that simple. Thanks!

Fionn23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Another question. How can I do this via javascript? I can't seem to recreate it. Second sentence are printed with the 1st sentence.
Screenshot 2022-01-27 111304.jpg

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no clue how to Script that XD.
But maybe it is possible to work around that by using 1 Script Command for each Textbox, that would make 3 Script Calls instead of the 1 you got now.

Fionn23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have no clue how to Script that XD.
But maybe it is possible to work around that by using 1 Script Command for each Textbox, that would make 3 Script Calls instead of the 1 you got now.
I'll try. Thanks again.

Edit: I found the javascript code: $gameMessage.newPage();
Screenshot 2022-01-27 111304.jpg

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe the Scriptcall list can Help you find all the needed commands for your Textbox:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do your 0,01% progress on your game today!
Went to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 yesterday, it was cool. The movie wasnt really a masterpiece, it had some pacing and characterization problems, but overall I enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first anime film I have ever been to in the cinema lol. The battle animation & music were top-notch. I havent seen much of the anime so people who watched the entire season would probably like it more.
MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k99