How to display Parameter on Weapon or Armor Description?

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there, its me again :elswt:

I want to show the parameter to player so that player not confused by the stats of the Weapon or Armor.
The reason I want something like this is because I am using a weapon upgrade plugin, so the weapon parameter changes when the item is upgraded (so I can't simply input "Increase attack by 100" in the item description).

Maybe there is a plugin and I'm miss it or even script to achieve this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What upgrade plugin are you using? And on what screen do you want to do this?

By default, when you're in the Equip screen you see all of the parameters on the item you might equip, so the player can already see those and isn't confused.

And the upgrade plugin should be changing those parameters so the change is still visible.

So...where are you looking that you can't see the parameters? You shouldn't need to put any of this in the description.
Screenshot 2022-09-28 233526.png

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What upgrade plugin are you using? And on what screen do you want to do this?
Yep_ItemUpgradeSlot
I use it with fossil

By default, when you're in the Equip screen you see all of the parameters on the item you might equip, so the player can already see those and isn't confused.
I want parameter to display on item description and automatic changed the parameter description when item has been upgraded.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out @Eliaquim's Global Text. Lets you use escape codes in basically anything, including item descriptions. You should be able to use the JavaScript escape code to reference the item's parameters.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Check out @Eliaquim's Global Text. Lets you use escape codes in basically anything, including item descriptions. You should be able to use the JavaScript escape code to reference the item's parameters.
If you dont mind, can you show me how to do it please? I do not understand JS :rswt

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you dont mind, can you show me how to do it please? I do not understand JS :rswt
Hi there!

in fact, you will need two plugins for that:
  1. Eli Global Text - to be able to display escape codes everywhere.
  2. Eli Escape Codes - This will give you a lot of escape codes to use. But for your case, you should use the eval one:
=| Your formula here |=

So if you want to show a weapon parameter, put it on the description text:
=|$dataWeapons[WEAPON ID].params[PARAM ID]|=

Similar for armors:
=|$dataArmors[Armor ID].params[PARAM ID]|=

Param Id List:
  • 0 = HP
  • 1 = MP
  • 2 = ATK
  • 3 = DEF
  • 4 = MAT
  • 5 = MDF
  • 6 = AGI
  • 7 = LUK
NOTE: All my plugins need a core plugin: Eli Book.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

in fact, you will need two plugins for that:
  1. Eli Global Text - to be able to display escape codes everywhere.
  2. Eli Escape Codes - This will give you a lot of escape codes to use. But for your case, you should use the eval one:
=| Your formula here |=

So if you want to show a weapon parameter, put it on the description text:
=|$dataWeapons[WEAPON ID].params[PARAM ID]|=

Similar for armors:
=|$dataArmors[Armor ID].params[PARAM ID]|=

Param Id List:
  • 0 = HP
  • 1 = MP
  • 2 = ATK
  • 3 = DEF
  • 4 = MAT
  • 5 = MDF
  • 6 = AGI
  • 7 = LUK
NOTE: All my plugins need a core plugin: Eli Book.
Thank you so much!

But its just show database parameter, when I upgrade the weapon ATK its description does not increase.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much!

But its just show database parameter, when I upgrade the weapon ATK its description does not increase.
Reading your first post, and the other ones from Turan, I guess I misunderstood what you want.

But you are talking about the Actor parameter when using the equipment:
  • "Using this sword the Actor Atk will be 64"

or about the Parameter of the equipment?
  • "Using this sword will increase +10 on the Actor Atk"

Do you want to show it on the help window, on a custom scene provided by Yep_ItemUpgradeSlot?
I guess that maybe you can do it right if we know how to get the value of equipment including its upgrade values. That can work?

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"Using this sword will increase +10 on the Actor Atk"
Yes I want this, and I want it to show on weapon description.

When the weapon upgraded by the item of Yep_ItemUpgradeSlot, the parameter value on description is also changed.

Let say I want to upgrade "Basic Weapon" attack. Basic Weapon ATK Param on database is 8.
And the Item Upgrade is Random from 0 to 3.

here is the screenshot of the Item Upgrade:

1664497094793.png

Sorry if I misunderstood of what you ask, my english is not that good :rswt

Attachments

• 1664497074594.png
    1664497074594.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 1

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the items have to be Yanfly's independent items to work with the Item Upgrade Slots, so you'd need to look up the syntax for referencing that specific independent item rather than the numbers stored in $dataWeapons.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes I want this, and I want it to show on weapon description.

When the weapon upgraded by the item of Yep_ItemUpgradeSlot, the parameter value on description is also changed.

Let say I want to upgrade "Basic Weapon" attack. Basic Weapon ATK Param on database is 8.
And the Item Upgrade is Random from 0 to 3.

here is the screenshot of the Item Upgrade:

View attachment 241646

Sorry if I misunderstood of what you ask, my english is not that good :rswt
I don't have that Yanfly plugin. But I believe it probably has a function to get the equip parameter(Upgrade + database). If you could find it(maybe on the help file?), then it is just a matter of using it on the eval escape code:

=|equipParam()|=

Mr_Von_Grimmsy

Old-School Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Going through the help file for YEP_X_ItemUpgradeSlots, I don't see anything that references adjusted equip parameters, unfortunately...

@zotezha may just be better served with having some indication of an item's base values within the item description itself - such as:
"A long straight-bladed sword. [Type: Sword] [Base ATK: 10]"

Other than that, the YEP plugin in question actually displays the upgrades that you've applied in the side window, if you have the option enabled in the plugin parameters.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't have that Yanfly plugin. But I believe it probably has a function to get the equip parameter(Upgrade + database). If you could find it(maybe on the help file?)
The plugin is free if you want. I check on help file but like @Mr_Von_Grimmsy said, there is no info about equip parameters.
may just be better served with having some indication of an item's base values within the item description itself - such as:
I think I will do it for now

Other than that, the YEP plugin in question actually displays the upgrades that you've applied in the side window, if you have the option enabled in the plugin parameters.
Actually the UI on MZ its messy.

1664582166325.png

Lol, but since I did not find any plugin related to equipment upgrade (tell me if there is one please :D), and the game will not be published commercially. I think this is not a big problem.

Thank you all for your big help! Much appreciate that.
For now I will wrote just the basic stat of the equipment :kaothx:

Mr_Von_Grimmsy

Old-School Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy to potentially be of some assistance, at least~

One more thing, not sure if you tried it/knew about it, but assuming you don't - to display information in that little 'side window' you need to use the specific notetags to do so, like this:

<Info Text Bottom>
[Type: Sword]
[Base ATK: 10]
</Info Text Bottom>

(and as a sidenote: you can also change it to be <Info Text Top> and have a whole extra section of information as far as I'm aware)

You can even use escape codes there, so you can do things like including icons for the weapon type or color the text differently for elemental types, etc.

Please disregard if you already knew all of this - otherwise, it could possibly fulfill your needs. :)

EDIT: And I do have MZ, yet haven't done much with it, so take any advice I give with a grain of salt; it's really the lack of (complete) plugin compatibility that has been the main thing holding me back.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Happy to potentially be of some assistance, at least~

One more thing, not sure if you tried it/knew about it, but assuming you don't - to display information in that little 'side window' you need to use the specific notetags to do so, like this:

<Info Text Bottom>
[Type: Sword]
[Base ATK: 10]
</Info Text Bottom>

(and as a sidenote: you can also change it to be <Info Text Top> and have a whole extra section of information as far as I'm aware)

You can even use escape codes there, so you can do things like including icons for the weapon type or color the text differently for elemental types, etc.

Please disregard if you already knew all of this - otherwise, it could possibly fulfill your needs. :)

EDIT: And I do have MZ, yet haven't done much with it, so take any advice I give with a grain of salt; it's really the lack of (complete) plugin compatibility that has been the main thing holding me back.
Unfortunately I can't use it because the VisuStella UI is on top of it, and so the text in there can't be seen clearly. And I do not know how to deal with the UI, I lack of skill :kaocry:

Mr_Von_Grimmsy

Old-School Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. Wish I could provide more assistance, but I wouldn't know where to start with VisuStella's stuff, as I haven't purchased any of it so far; that and, UI is a weak point of mine as well, so I can relate to your plight. ~_~

Best of luck though, hopefully you can figure out a workaround or something that suits your needs! :rhappy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!
I released a test version of my game on itch.io. If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link (for now in Brazilian Portuguese only, sorry).

https://rafael-lobo.itch.io/insolita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayomitsu