How to do I do "Change Transparency" ?

Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know what the Change Transparency option does in the Event Commands window but its just that when I'm making a cut scene and I do Change Transparency to ON, the new map will still show my main lead then it will make the main lead disappear thus Change Transparency is ON. What I need help is that how do make it where the I don't see the main lead for a split second before the events (my cut scene) on the new map start. Its just weird how sometimes this works...its like a bug or I don't know. PLEASE HELP AND THANKYOUUU! :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moved to VX Ace Support (Tutorials is for ... tutorials)

Not a bug - you're just doing it wrong ;) Sounds like you've got the command in an Autorun event. Use a Parallel Process event instead, just to change transparency, then turn on a self switch and add a second page conditioned by the self switch with no commands (so it doesn't make the player transparent AGAIN when you leave and come back to that map).

Parallel Process events start running BEFORE the map becomes visible.

Autorun events start running AFTER the map is visible.

However, if this is your very first cutscene and you don't want to see the player as soon as the game begins, just check the transparency box in the System tab, to make the game start with the PC transparent. Then use the Change Transparency command when you want them to reappear.

Still keep the rest of your cutscene in an autorun event, because you don't want the player moving around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It...still doesn't work... I have separated the actual event from the Change Transparency is ON and it still does the same (take a peek at my screen shot). My parallel process won't work before the map is shown. I have tried this on ID:001 and its still the same. When the map is shown my Change Transparency is ON works which I don't want that. I want Change Transparency is ON before the map is shown. My actual event is set to Autorun. If I have made a mistake (take a peek at my image) please tell me.

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If this is a transfer from a different map, you can "fake" the fade ins and fade outs to hide that split second the character is visible. A Normal map to map transfer uses its own fades, but you can circumvent this by providing your own fades.

On your transfer event on the previous map:

• Moving sound effect
  • Fade out
  • Transfer to new map
  • Set Transparency ON (screen is still black from fade out)
  • Fade In

If this is a one time thing, this whole transfer event may need a self switch at the end that goes to a new event page with a more traditional transfer event, with no fades or transparency settings. I've used this technique before, and it gets the job done without the parallel process. The only downside is that the amount of time the screen is black between maps is increased slightly.

Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well Needle that method works also but I would like to know if I can solve my issue without the fade in and out stuff but that idea isn't bad :D Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the map and cutscene where you want the player transparent the intro to the first map?

In that case, don't use any event but go to database, system and set the transparency on there - game start is different from entering later maps, and that option sets the default of transparency to ON at the beginning of the game, requiring you to turn it of with the set transparency command before you want the player to become visible.

Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is not at the beginning of the game. It's just a regular cut scene in the game in general.

Peridot Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jericho Swain

I do the parallel process exactly as you have in your screenshots throughout my game and it works fine.  I have just done a couple of checks in a test game and that works fine too... except it appears that there might be a problem if you have your followers turned on.  If you are showing the followers then your lead character disappears before the map is shown (as expected), but there is a minor delay before the followers disappear.

Do you have more than just the one character in the party, and are you showing the followers on the screen?  This can be checked by going to the database->system tab and looking at the top-right options for the "Show Player Followers".  Try turning that off and running a quick check again.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not at the beginning of the game. It's just a regular cut scene in the game in general.
In that case the used event should work - unless either a script or another parallel process is interfering with the functions.
Please check the map for that, and check your scripts.

Also check if this happens on a sample map with only that transparency event - if yes, it's a script, if not the problem is map-specific.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
I wonder if the new RPG Maker will have a built-in ABS for maps or a light effect system plugin out of the box.
Not having false expectations, but if it has both, then wow. I am gonna party all night. Nah I lie. I will party all night anyway, just searching for a good excuse. :stickytongue:
And BAM!, the moment you do understand Python setters by studying JS prototypes. That's called SERENDIPITY, coming with something when you was searching for something else. From "The three Princes of Serendib", a persian novel.
The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.
Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafont