How to do Ranged Weapon? (ONE Newbie question, this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like the subject said, how do you make this?

I am pretty sure it heavily required one plugin created by favorite scripter Yanfly, called "Row Formation" (You can find it in here http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/02/yep-54-row-formation/ ). With it, you can adjust their locations, including rows and force-earn them the states that affect their stats and the battle behaviors depending on the rows they stand; goes same to the enemies you notetagged.

Ideal but too common from Final Fantasy series - Ones in front row affect normally while ones in the rear row halve all physical damages to take and dealt. Magical skills are ignored and bypassed this golden rule and would even treat it as normal original damage against rear-row ones. In fact, magical skills are almost like the "ranged" attacks, even rear-row mage can use it against rear-row enemy with full damage instead give it a quarter (damage / 4; divide it from rear row to front-row enemy by two then divide by two again when attacking rear-row (only if you use physical attack / skills).

Yanfly did mentioned in video that without ranged weapon, Attack will be locked out until that rear-row hero become into front row to enable Attack command... but failed to tell how to do a ranged weapon or no weapon notetags either.

So, that's where it comes in... How can I make a ranged weapon that would actually damage the opponent FULL physical damage WHILE to make sure the taken non-ranged physical damage be halved?
Ranged weapons are more like the bows with arrows, guns, boomerangs, thrown stuffs as such as kunais (throwing knives, like Ninjas mostly use) and few more like this.

I had noticed the "Physical" in "Elements" Types when creating a new project, so it makes me curious... If I give the rear-row actor a rear-row state that would reduce the non-ranged physical damage by half, which would be 50% Physical Element-Rate... But would that be automatically adjusted if enemy use ranged physical skill against that actor which must be 100% Physical Element-Rate instead 50%, or it will be always 50% even used a ranged skill against rear-row actor? Sure, do "ATK * 75% (or 50%)" (or "DEF * 150%") trait will do but eh... I doubt that would work, in my opinion, because it will weaken the true ranged damage to dealt (and in DEF case, it weaken enemy's true ranged damage too) anyway.

It may sound like I am overthinking, so that's why I want to ask this to everyone who used Yanfly's Row Formation plugin to help me narrow down to the safe-bet way to use. Don't worry, I will write it down on papers as my memories' back-up memory and will never forget this way (promise!). =P

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably the easiest way to do this, would be to create two different physical elements, one melee & one ranged. Assign the melee & ranged respectively elements to the weapons & skills as necessary.

Then have the state assigned to the rear row in formations have resistance to the melee element, but not to the ranged element.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, come to thought, that may work...
Ranged element (resistance) should be remain 100% all the time, right? So that Melee damage (dealt) can be either 100% to front or 50% to rear while ranged damage affect 100% to both rows regardless...
Guess I totally overthink myself too much than I thought... Haha... I feel embarrassed... xP

Thank you so much, XIIIth Haringer!

Now where is the link to the solution-closed Andar mentioned...? =O
This "Report" link on left side of post?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamikun95