How to edit the TP formula?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is there a way to change how TP is increased when a character receives some damage?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

If you just want to adjust the magnitude of the values, you could try to change the "TP Charge Rate" special parameter for your battlers through traits (this multiplies TP gain from both damage and items though).

If you want to make deeper changes to the formula, you could try to add a new plugin and customize this function in it:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.chargeTpByDamage = function(damageRate) {
    var value = Math.floor(50 * damageRate * this.tcr);
    this.gainSilentTp(value);
};
"damageRate" is the fraction of the targets lost HP bar here, "this.tcr" is the receivers TP charge rate.

There might be other plugins out there that already allow to do this easier though... :)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Isn't there a way to edit the formula directly in the native plugins of MV?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You should be able to find and edit the original function if you search for it in the "rpg_objects.js" file too if you prefer that.

I just generally think it's cleaner to copy these functions into a new javascript file and to do your edits there. If you have multiple versions of the same function, the latest (the one in your custom plugin) takes precedence.

Using a separate file might make further modifying, removing or porting of your feature to other projects easier (although especially for features that require more than one function edit), you won't run the risk of forgetting what you changed 3 months down the line and wondering why your game does what it does, it might make possible conflicts with other third party plugins a bit easier to resolve since you don't have to dig through the original plugins as much and can also swap the plugin positions if needed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543