How to edit the TP formula?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is there a way to change how TP is increased when a character receives some damage?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

If you just want to adjust the magnitude of the values, you could try to change the "TP Charge Rate" special parameter for your battlers through traits (this multiplies TP gain from both damage and items though).

If you want to make deeper changes to the formula, you could try to add a new plugin and customize this function in it:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.chargeTpByDamage = function(damageRate) {
    var value = Math.floor(50 * damageRate * this.tcr);
    this.gainSilentTp(value);
};
"damageRate" is the fraction of the targets lost HP bar here, "this.tcr" is the receivers TP charge rate.

There might be other plugins out there that already allow to do this easier though... :)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Isn't there a way to edit the formula directly in the native plugins of MV?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You should be able to find and edit the original function if you search for it in the "rpg_objects.js" file too if you prefer that.

I just generally think it's cleaner to copy these functions into a new javascript file and to do your edits there. If you have multiple versions of the same function, the latest (the one in your custom plugin) takes precedence.

Using a separate file might make further modifying, removing or porting of your feature to other projects easier (although especially for features that require more than one function edit), you won't run the risk of forgetting what you changed 3 months down the line and wondering why your game does what it does, it might make possible conflicts with other third party plugins a bit easier to resolve since you don't have to dig through the original plugins as much and can also swap the plugin positions if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usagiis