RMMV How to eval for gained Exp?

kwanzaabot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all, I'm using SumRndmDde's Battle Popup Customizer (http://sumrndm.site/battle-popup-customizer/), as it allows for custom text to appear as a popup over the battler (damage recieved, TP gained, Missed attacks etc).

My damage formulas include a small amount of gained Exp (as I want to encourage players to flee from fights they can't win, as my game includes permadeath), and that works perfectly, but I'm unable to communicate that Exp gain to the player unless they go into their status menu after the battle, which is not ideal.

The Battle Popup Customizer plugin uses javascript evals to determine when to display a popup, and so I'm wondering if anybody is able to tell me how I could go about checking if (and potentially how much) Exp has been gained?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THENZNOZ