zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this goes here but I feel this can be done with eventing. I just think I'm missing something honestly.

Sword box.PNG

I basically got it to were my character swings a sword at the press of a button and an animation occurs and everything. there's a problem though, I can't figure out how to put a hitbox or something on the swing so that if it connects, it will trigger the event. Mind you, this is NOT an ABS. I just wanted it so if you hit the enemy first, you get a a first strike or something in battle. so I don't really need anything beyond just a hitbox for the sword swing and a way to trigger the event from there.

I came across this... https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...imation-with-button-abs-with-eventing.109459/ but I think I'm must be doing something wrong because I can't what's suggested in the last post to work.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How are you making the sword swing action happen?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used a common event where if I press pagedown, the plugin QSprite will play the pose of my character swinging the sword and I added a slash animation with it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Playing an animation and activating an event are two completely different things. You need something to change the plugin to also check if there is an event and activate it, or your common event needs to do the same, or you need to also "force" the action button when you press your "swing" button.

Moving to Plugin Support

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ahh I see... I guess I figured because what I was following was evented, I thought this could be, sorry about posting in the wrong spot then. I'm realizing now there must be more to this than I thought...

EDIT: I think what I linked about though had the common event check for the event. BUT, I don't think it accounts for triggering said event. so even if I'm following everything right from that, it won't actually trigger the event. I guess I'd need to figure out that part.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ahh I see... I guess I figured because what I was following was evented, I thought this could be, sorry about posting in the wrong spot then. I'm realizing now there must be more to this than I thought...

EDIT: I think what I linked about though had the common event check for the event. BUT, I don't think it accounts for triggering said event. so even if I'm following everything right from that, it won't actually trigger the event. I guess I'd need to figure out that part.
How do you set up the animation in QSprite?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you set up the animation in QSprite?
You download the QSprite Editor and it basically let's you put together animations with any spritesheets you have. I'm actually using my SV battlers as my overworld sprites due to all the battle animations I have drawn. I just used QSprite so I could use as many different animations as needed. per character/event.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You download the QSprite Editor and it basically let's you put together animations with any spritesheets you have. I'm actually using my SV battlers as my overworld sprites due to all the battle animations I have drawn. I just used QSprite so I could use as many different animations as needed. per character/event.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm asking you here. How do you link up the key press with triggering whatever QSprite is doing?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ohhhh sorry about that... yeah I totally misunderstood you. um basically I'm just using a common event to where if pagedown is pressed, then I tell it to play a specific pose, which is a plugin command from QSprite.

EDIT: Ok thanks to a few edits on the post I had linked above, I got this to work with the help of Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables. basically when the animation plays the game checks the distance set by me and if the event is within said difference and if they have a Self A switch. and then it goes from there with the event.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy