Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In this tutorial I will show you a way to create your own splash screen using events. This allows you to create any kind of splash screen you want without having to figure out how to write a plugin for it.

Here is an example of the splash screen I use for my videos, which I created using events.

Required

You will need one plugin: Pre-Title Events.

Tutorial

Start by downloading the plugin, then install it into your project.

To install plugins, in the editor, press F10 to open the plugin manager. Double-click on an empty row, and select the PreTitleEvents plugin.

If you have successfully installed it, you should see it in your list of plugins.

Next, create a new map. This will be the map that the game will start running in. Take note of the ID of the map as you will need it later.

Go back to the plugin manager, and in the Pre-Title Map ID field, specify the ID of the map. For example, the map I created is map 19, so I will write 19 in the field.

At this point, you can testplay your game and the game should automatically open up the new map. And do nothing. This is because there aren't any events to run!

The rest is up to you at this point: you have full control how the game should run. Let's create a splash screen by playing some music, having a picture fade in, wait a few seconds, then having them fade out.

Here is how things look when I start my game:

Notice the last command: I make a script call that tells the scene manager to go to a different scene. Scene_Boot is just the scene that handles the "first" scene, so if you have any plugins that change how this works, you might want to go to this scene. Otherwise, you can go straight to Scene_Title directly.

OR, you could choose to simply build your own title screen using events if you want to have your own title screen.

What kind of things can you do with Pre-Title Events?

Last edited by a moderator:

Davõr Jörmling

THE Dr. Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome plug in! What size should the images be?

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure the images can be any size, but since it's still within the confines of the game screen so you might want to make it the same size.

You could use move pictures or basically any other event to spice it up too.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for sharing.

Do you know how I can make it so that if I press a button, I can skip all the splash screens? I plan on including backstory.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for sharing.

Do you know how I can make it so that if I press a button, I can skip all the splash screens? I plan on including backstory.
This depends on how your event is structured, but you can have a separate parallel process listening for button presses and when the button is pressed, you would interrupt it somehow.

For example, you can go to the title screen immediately.

I'm not too sure how you might control an event's progress externally though.

emilywake

Reader, writer, and gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having trouble with this. For some reason, it keeps jumping to a part of the game I don't it want and not playing my splash screen. How can I fix this?

EDIT: Found my mistake! Sorry! But now it says that Script Manager is not defined.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I kind of sort of made a credits option that you can access from the title screen, and I need to use the map room as the title, so i've set that to true.

I don't know how to get that to show up as one of the options in the Show Choices window. Any ideas?

The yanfly plugin i used is right here http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/24/yep-49-credits-page/#more-1339

I just need to make a menu option that executes that event. it's all because i wanna move where the options box is so it appears to the left of the screen lol preferably bottom left.

Authumbla

Listen To My Soundcloud Fam?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For whatever reason, my plugin is failing to do anything beyond take me to the "Pre-title" screen. If I set an event to autorun, it does not actually run, even if I set the event to take me back to the title screen. I can provide screenshots of how my event page is run, as well, in order to show what is going on, if necessary.

To clarify, even if I set the map ID of the pre-title screen to a map that isn't blank, I still get a black screen.

Correction: Events don't seem to run, including autorun events, on the "Pre-title" map. My character appears at the top left hand side of the screen despite its starting position being on an entirely different map. Other events (a door) appear to be working completely fine, though.

Cheers!

Warionator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The splash screen works perfect, but when i make the event go back to the title screen, it just replays it. I don't know how to make it so it plays every time you start up the game. Please help anyone?

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there any way to disable the title screen function? I use this script (I'm pretty sure it was this one) to make an evented/animated title screen, but when you are in game and select (return to title) it takes you back to the default. Is there anyway to fix that?

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The splash screen works perfect, but when i make the event go back to the title screen, it just replays it. I don't know how to make it so it plays every time you start up the game. Please help anyone?

I assume (due to odd phrasing) that you're looking to make the splash play once (only on start-up), and that's as a simple as a self-switch.

Is there any way to disable the title screen function? I use this script (I'm pretty sure it was this one) to make an evented/animated title screen, but when you are in game and select (return to title) it takes you back to the default. Is there anyway to fix that?

There is an option in the Plug-In manager that says "Use as Title", turning that on takes you to the Pre-Title map whenever the return to title button is used.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png
Check out my MZ thread for 2 new waterplant edits and my MZVind water autotiles now without ground/cliffs, so you can put them on your own ground-tiles. Have fun!
It's for side-extra content. :kaophew:

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
gxQUtTE.gif
Don't you hate it when you play an mmo to pass some time then an update drops that makes your playing experience less enjoyable and quit because of it?
sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvezeno