How to export/import tilesets?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Davox, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Davox

Davox Archimage Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, sorry if i posted in the wrong section,i'm still new, i've been messing with the tilesets for a while but i really wanna make a focused subject/theme tileset (sorry if im not clear).

so for exmaple, i wanna make a fantasy forest map, so i need the graphics and i have them, how do i make them go in the tilesets that appear the the database? i've watched tons of tutorials but none of them was helpful :kaosigh:

i'd really appreciate the help guys :3

P.S:i'm using rmmv btw

2. Xenphir

Xenphir Nature's Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You have to put the images in your folder where the project is stored. Should be put in the folder labeled tilesets in the img folder in your project. However they have to be the right size, and certain tiles should be blank. Also, Do not make them A tilesets unless they are set up to be auto-tiles. So once they are in the folder, go into your database and switch out the B-E tilesets.

PS I usually load up the default tilesets in GIMP or another photo editing program, and line the tiles up with those. I use a 48x48 grid to see better as well.

Davox likes this.
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The exact way is slightly different depending on the maker you're using, but the easiest it goes with using the resource manager to get the tilesheets into the project, then assembling the tileset from the tilesheets in the database.

Most Makers have six different formats for tilesheets, please check the help file to make sure you follow those rules.

Davox likes this.
  4. Davox

Davox Archimage Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! i really appreciate it :D