Davox

Archimage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, sorry if i posted in the wrong section,i'm still new, i've been messing with the tilesets for a while but i really wanna make a focused subject/theme tileset (sorry if im not clear).

so for exmaple, i wanna make a fantasy forest map, so i need the graphics and i have them, how do i make them go in the tilesets that appear the the database? i've watched tons of tutorials but none of them was helpful :kaosigh:

i'd really appreciate the help guys :3

P.S:i'm using rmmv btw

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to put the images in your folder where the project is stored. Should be put in the folder labeled tilesets in the img folder in your project. However they have to be the right size, and certain tiles should be blank. Also, Do not make them A tilesets unless they are set up to be auto-tiles. So once they are in the folder, go into your database and switch out the B-E tilesets.

PS I usually load up the default tilesets in GIMP or another photo editing program, and line the tiles up with those. I use a 48x48 grid to see better as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The exact way is slightly different depending on the maker you're using, but the easiest it goes with using the resource manager to get the tilesheets into the project, then assembling the tileset from the tilesheets in the database.

Most Makers have six different formats for tilesheets, please check the help file to make sure you follow those rules.

Davox

Archimage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to put the images in your folder where the project is stored. Should be put in the folder labeled tilesets in the img folder in your project. However they have to be the right size, and certain tiles should be blank. Also, Do not make them A tilesets unless they are set up to be auto-tiles. So once they are in the folder, go into your database and switch out the B-E tilesets.

PS I usually load up the default tilesets in GIMP or another photo editing program, and line the tiles up with those. I use a 48x48 grid to see better as well.
Thanks! i really appreciate it :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.
Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LagusaDumDum