Kokonaugt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm trying to create an item that gives a set number of XP to the actor that consumes it (later I'd like it to give a different number of XP depending on the actor, but I'm trying to get the first step working for now).

Here is what I did : I created a new item named "IceCream", that you can only use on the Menu screen, and the effect is a Common Event (also named "IceCream")
The content of the Common Event is as follows :
- first line displays a text box saying "Yummy! Got 35 XP!",
- second line is this code : $gameParty.targetActor().gainExp(35);
The Trigger is set to "None".

If I use the item on an actor, it works as intended.
The thing is that the Common Event runs (seemingly) by itself from time to time. If I run the game, after something like 20-30 seconds the text message "Yummy! Got 35 XP!" will pop up and the first actor in the party will get 35XP (wether I have the item in my inventory or not).

I'm sure there's a very simple explanation here, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using any plugins that might affect it? Post a screenshot of the event and the item in the database.

Kokonaugt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using any plugins that might affect it? Post a screenshot of the event and the item in the database.
Ugh, thank you. I checked my plugins and GALV_CharacterAnimations plays the Common Event #0001 if the player stays idle for 600 frames. I changed my Common event to #0002 and it fixed it.
Sorry for the very beginner problem requiring a very beginner solution ahah, I'll think about deactivating my plugins for troubleshooting next time!
Thanks!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've just got to read the documentation in plugins and see if they do anything like that. It's more common that they use switches or variables and have a default one that you have to change, or not use for anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips