thefusense

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
So for everyone of you to understand what I mean:

You ever had the problem that you wanted to make a very thick forest andlay alot of tiles over another and at the outer corners of the tree tiles where its supposed to be transparent you experience weird graphical bugs where the ground tile shines threw?

Thats the problem I have and it realy annoys me since day 1.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a screenshot, as I don't know what exactly you're talking about. The term "textures" doesn't really apply to anything in RM as it is 2D, not 3D - and using the map editor you use tiles.

Additionally, please tell which tilesets and tilesheets you're using. All cases of graphical errors reported so far (in my knowledge) have been identified as either using custom pictures that have the wrong formats, or using scripts with zoom functions that make wrong calculations of zoomed pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not a bug.

You only have two layers worth of B/C/D tiles. So when you slap the third tile on there, you are overwriting the first one you placed. So all that will display are the last two tiles you placed in the spot, which is the tops of the lower trees in that case.

If that doesn't make sense, here:

U2p5V4R.png

You place your first tile.

ibc9yNU.png

You place the second tile in that same spot.

9hb38eS.png

When you add a third tile, it deletes the first and displays only the two most recently placed. That is because the program only has two layers.

You'll have to put a little more effort into the mapping to fix it. Either by making a custom tile with special cases overlayed the way you want, using events to access a third layer of mapping, or, in this case, you can use an already existing tile to help you. Right next to the snow trees are premade tiles for making clusters of trees. That means, there's a tile right there that combines what you were doing with layers one and two in the example I showed above.

xg0dhB3.png

This is one tile doing the same thing that layer 1 and 2 were doing in the previous example.

vGIemm7.png

From there you can add the top corner of the next tree without losing the one below it.

Hopefully that makes sense. Because, yeah, it's not a bug. It's more a matter of learning to work with the limitations of the programs mapping layers.

thefusense

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
this picture above was only an example for what I meant. My real maps are way more complicated. I didnt know that with the 2 layers. Is there maybe a plugin to add more layers to do more detailed maps? that would be the easiest way I believe.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That I don't know since I've never looked into it. Don't forget you can use events to access a third layer.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nope! The editor has it set up to be very easy.

ND8FJKP.png

As you can see, all the B/C tiles are already selectable by default in the image setting of an event. So you can pick it with ease. From there, just make sure to set it on the right priority depending on where you want it to be in relation to the player and leave the event blank.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem. Good luck with your maps :)  

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour