How to fix the blur and avoid awkward menu resize?

zxid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I prefer the clean way pixel look in games when they double the size (example, how in RPG2k3 default 340x240 but the actual game resolution would turn it into 640x480 , looking perfectly clean).

So I tried the Community_basic plug in with a base of 480x320 (double resize be 960x640)
1593370827079.png

But the results been very blurry 1593370954894.png

And while I can cope the blur, my even bigger issue is the way it 'crash' the Menu and other texts in the same
1593371020521.png
1593371072615.png

Are then any way I can keep the base 480x320 resolution without these issues happening? Something I'm doing wrong and should change? Is there a alternative Plugin I should try?

SirDhyne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Engine Core has a better resolution adjustment. I have mine set to 1920x1080 and everything is crisp and clean, however the sprites are not scaling up in size (which personally is what I wanted), they will only scale down in windowed mode. If you want your sprites to be bigger, you're probably going to have to look into a camera zoom, though be warned that may end up making things blurry again. It shouldn't affect your menus anymore though.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also advise to keep teh default ratio or higher than going smaller which can have issues
with the menu's. they are based on the default or bigger sizes.

if you want to adjust smaller, you need alternate the menu as well to fit them.

zxid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thank you but I really not a fan of bigger screensizes since my goal always is be my pixel art be appreciated, which I can't really do when pixels are still so small.

Thought I guess a good alternative can be, a plugin that allows tilesets that are 96x96 (the double of the base 48x48)?

For example I original I made my tilesets be 24x24 then double- resized them on my art programs so they worked in the 48x48 base and still looked clean and...pixels were *visible*, example here:
1593388260754.png
(yes, its a half life fan game, shhh).

So I guess, If I can find a plugin that allow me work in 96x96 tilesets (that I resize from 24x24 ones) I think will be able to reach my goal.

So, any plugin recommendation?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I think you can try one that Shaz made, here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omniheirus