Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I'm pretty new to RPG Maker, got it when it was cheap and now have a lot of time to kill So I'm going to make a game...

But with my concept I'm already hitting a wall...

I kinda want to make a sort of card based combat system, while this does not have to be with cards already I'm stuck with having the Game pull me some Random "Skills" from a set pool which the player can chose from.

So as n example, my character has the Skills "Fire, Thunder, Water,Earth" once per turn the game should only display 3 of those.

Is there an easy way that i dont know for this or do i have to make a GIANT Common Event with conditionals for every situations with switches for that?

regards,
a newb game making fox.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This falls outside what the base engine was designed to do so a plugin or extensive eventing is likely needed. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any plugins that do this particular thing so unless someone else knows of such a plugin, you'll have to event it. You might be able to ask for a little bit of scripting to have the engine randomly deactivate one of the options per turn or something similar. If you request that, make sure you detail exactly how you want it to work.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might be able to event it using a troop event with Scope: Turn and Condition: Turn End, along with a few [invisible] states. Have one state per skill type, each with a different Add Skill Type trait. Make sure the actors/classes don't have these Add Skill Type traits. Then have the troop event remove all these states from the party and randomly pick three of the four to (re-)apply. For the random choice: you can set a variable to a random number using Control Variables, then use a few Conditional Branch commands to do different stuff based on the value of that variable. ^_^

Lastly, make a copy of that troop event and give the copy Scope: Battle and Condition: Turn 0; I think that should set up the random skills before the first player input phase begins. :kaoswt2:

I'll also mention that Yanfly has a Base Troop Events plugin that can save you some copy+paste time in this sort of situation. =)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Had a funny feeling about my laptop last night so I moved my project over to desktop via thumbdrive, just experienced my first corrupted project and couldn't be happier about the timing!! *proceeds to copy file onto every thumbdrive in the house*
Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erulia