How to get an event to damage player on contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. I have a block that moves up and down. My idea is if the block hits the player while he is crossing its path, the player will be killed instantly. So far all I've got is that the player has to walk into the block. If the block hits the player, nothing will happen.

and thats what I want to achieve. (The event damages the player when it hits him)

Would anyone know how to solve this? It seems so simple, but event touch doesn't seem to be working...

Attachments

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try changing "event touch" by "player touch"

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not seeing an obvious reason why it wouldn't work... Event touch is the correct setting in this scenario.
Double check if Fynnn is the correct actor?
Turn off the move route and just touch the event.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I agree with Rinobi. The only thing I thought was not required was the direction fix and change speed in the move route. You already have these set to high in the event speed settings.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you test changing the frequency to NOT be the highest? I haven't heard about this issue in Ace, but I know in MV, in the early builds, Event Touch would not trigger if the frequency was set to the highest value. MV logic followed Ace logic very closely, so it's possible this was an issue in Ace as well.

If there is a chance the wrong actor is selected, you could alter the Change HP command to target ALL party members and not just one. That would also be a quick thing to test.

First time I've seen Ace running on a Mac!

AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you test changing the frequency to NOT be the highest? I haven't heard about this issue in Ace, but I know in MV, in the early builds, Event Touch would not trigger if the frequency was set to the highest value. MV logic followed Ace logic very closely, so it's possible this was an issue in Ace as well.

If there is a chance the wrong actor is selected, you could alter the Change HP command to target ALL party members and not just one. That would also be a quick thing to test.

First time I've seen Ace running on a Mac!

I tried changing the frequency to no avail. "Event touch" essentially is working the same as player touch. So the event will activate if the player walks into the event on purpose. So everything is working in the event, except the event touch. So if the player just waits for the block nothing will happen and the block stops at the player with no effect.

(Yeah! Running RPGVXAce.exe in the installation directionary through Wine)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What scripts do you have installed? Event Touch and Player Touch should behave differently.

AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What scripts do you have installed? Event Touch and Player Touch should behave differently.
I'm using a fair amount of scripts. But I tried recreating this in a blank project and it worked when the event was moving down (not up though) so it must be a script... I'm not sure which though. :dizzy:

Attachments

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried running a parallel process and 4 variables: player x, player y, enemy x, and enemy y. Set your event to through and in the parallel process do a conditional branch if player x = enemy x, if player y = enemy y then "do stuff"?
This is what I do in MV, not sure about VXACE.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How big are the sprites?

It looks from the last screenshot as if the event has a bigger sprites than the grid.
But the event touch is always limited to the grid and ignores ans part if the sprites that is bigger than that, so if the player stands in the wrong position then the event will pass without triggering even if the sprites overlap.

AllyJamy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried running a parallel process and 4 variables: player x, player y, enemy x, and enemy y. Set your event to through and in the parallel process do a conditional branch if player x = enemy x, if player y = enemy y then "do stuff"?
Thank you. This works perfectly.

dgo1980

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
please can you up load a photo? of variables

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

dgo1980, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make a new topic if you can't figure something out, instead of reviving a dead topic.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ytviews123