- Oct 23, 2021
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Related:I did some reading and it seems the blurring can be caused by various things, including:
The usual solutions seem to be to:
- Non-integer render coordinates for the text on the target canvas;
- The browser's conversion of TrueType (i.e. vector) font data to pixel/shader data;
- System/application display scaling.
I think pre-rasterisation is the best option here: as I understand it, font rasterisation is CPU-heavy, but bitmaps can almost be fed directly to the GPU.
- Pre-rasterise the fonts, e.g. "bitmap fonts", or
- Apply some kind of post-processing, e.g. sharpen and/or scale down.
and that has other problems - different people have different monitor sizes, sometimes even with different aspect rations (4:3, 16:9, 16:10 etc).I will just make the resolution a rounder number so it upscalese perfectly